The Noosa Tigers AFC is a club steeped in tradition and success. Currently competing in the QFA Division 1 competition, we pride ourselves on running an inclusive and progressive organisation that provides a place for members of the community to be involved in AFL football. We are currently seeking a General Manager to lead the club through the next phase of growth.
About the role:
Reporting to the Club Committee, the General Manager is responsible for providing executive leadership and management of the following areas of the club:
• Financial Management
• Sponsorship & Fundraising
• Governance & Risk
• Events & Functions
• Football Department Management
What we’re looking for?
As General Manager, the successful applicant will be a strong role model and ambassador for the Club’s brand, strategic direction and achievement of our strategic objectives. Being the focal point and leader of the football club, the ideal candidate will possess the following capabilities:
• Highly professional and ethical standards.
• Strong and effective leadership skills.
• Tertiary Qualifications.
• 3+ years experience in business management and/or operations preferable in the sporting environment
• Not-for-profit organisational experience.
• Experience in sport management, and working with athletes, coaches and volunteer administrators and officials.
• Strong people manager who is passionate about building and maintaining high quality connections, strong engagement and can inspire individuals to work as one in pursuit of achieving their shared vision
• Ability to make decisions under pressure, work within tight time constraints, and work a wide array of hours.
• Confident presenter who is comfortable in front of the public, thinking on their feet and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
• Capability to manage and direct the balance between commercial demands and budgetary limits.
• Proven track record of securing revenue and commercial growth across a variety of sporting assets.
• Experience managing a financial system e.g. invoicing, P+L’s, Balance Sheet’s
• Knowledge of grant applications and previous experience liaising with government departments.
• An in-depth knowledge of the AFL landscape and industry trends.
• Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised – must be intrinsically motivated.
How to apply?
To apply, please email a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the selection criteria on the job description and why you would be suited to the role.
Applications close: 5:00pm, September 30th 2019
Please note that this role will be subject to background checks.