The Sherwood Football Club are seeking a Senior QAFL Head Coach to progress the club in season 2020. The incoming senior coach will inherit an enviable playing list comprised of emerging talent produced largely through the club junior pathway, complimented by a host of impressive senior footballers with tenure at AFL, NEAFL, Metro & Country leagues.
Highly trusted and collaborative in your approach, you are capable of leveraging your impressive technical knowledge and first-class soft skills to empower and foster high standards across the QAFL football programme. You will play a key role in driving an inclusive club culture where respect, accountability and enjoyment for the game is not compromised.
You will bring a proven record of forging and maintaining strong relationships with a multitude of stakeholders in the football community. You will enjoy being in the trenches with the players who are highly motivated to develop their football to the next level and taste premiership success.
An emphasis on fostering positive working relationships with youth pathways will be required including; mentorship of Junior Coaches within the football club, fostering whole of club integration between junior and senior players as well as consistent two-way feedback with the Brisbane Lions Academy, Aspley and Redland NEAFL.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF
-Coach the QAFL Senior Football Team (Matchday, 2 x training sessions, pre-season and pre-season camp).
– Create a learning environment that develops the player’s technical skills, physical attributes and overall football knowledge.
– Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders of different backgrounds
– Capability to nurture an inclusive club culture
– Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
– Minimum of Level I or II coaching accreditation or working towards
– Demonstrated leadership acumen
– Demonstrated ability to identify and support progression of youth talent
– Work with the support team that includes the Club Welfare Manager to ensure players welfare is a priority. This includes promoting a balanced approach to the players’ lifestyles and includes the building of player’s self-esteem and confidence
– Previous successful senior coaching experience
– Demonstrated knowledge of talent development programs
– Capacity to attract and retain quality support staff and players
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact; Andrew Thomson (President), 0403 066 382 OR Mitchell Merritt (Director), 0488 035 022. To apply please submit your football CV to email@example.com.
Please note, employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a Valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check. Applications close October 3.