To provide coaching expertise and leadership for the Clubs senior football team which helps to achieve the overall aims and objectives of the Club.
Senior Coach Responsibilities
• Develop/revise code of conduct for coaching staff and players that supports the objectives of the Club on and off the field.
• Establish as soon as possible a profile of all current players and a recruitment profile to supplement any perceived deficiencies from 17+ age for senior players
• Contact all current players as soon as practicable after the completion of the previous season to outline plans for the coming season.
• Liaise with the Club Executive to recruit Assistant Coaches & a Reserves Grade Coach &
• Liaise with Club Executive regarding appointment of junior grade coaches.
• Manage the recruitment of players in consultation with the Executive.
• Provide recommendation to the Executive on suitable members of the Match Committee.
About the Club
Eastern Swans is a family AFL Club located in Central Queensland, Mackay.
East Mackay was established in 1970 following a meeting held at the BP Service Station on Shakespeare Street in February of that year. Our first Club President was John Illingworth; Vice President – Bud Markley; Secretary – John Williams; Treasurer – Lance Barker.
Lance Barker and Des Lally were the inaugural coaches of the newly formed East Mackay and the team name became the red and blue Demons, the same as Melbourne
On Monday, 2nd March, 1987, under the guidance of the President of the Mackay Australian Football League, the late Mr Rob SYMONS, East Mackay and Trend United held a special meeting and permission was granted for the two clubs to amalgamate. The new club would be known as East Mackay Australian Football Club T/A Eastern Swans – as it is today. The new playing strip would be red and white, a combination of Trend United’s red and white and East Mackay’s red and white* and East Mackay’s red and blue.
Eastern Swans has always been and is still very much a family club from our little Under 6s right through to senior footy.
Must have Level 1 Senior Coaching Accreditation.
Please note applications close 01/01/2020. To apply please contact Peter Kiegerl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 540 515.