Located in Brisbane’s vibrant inner south, the Coorparoo Australian Football Club has an outstanding reputation for not only having had the likes of and former Brisbane Lions premiership captain Emma Zielke pull on the famed Kings jumper but is also well regarded for its unwavering commitment to a ‘one club’ culture where all players are made to feel safe, welcome and be their authentic self.
With the QAFLW being the direct pathway into the AFLW, it is critically important that the successful applicant is not only an outstanding people leader who can connect and build authentic relationships with players and staff, but has technical, tactical and development skills to provide players with the opportunity to reach their potential, whilst developing a game plan that positions the club to achieve on-field success.
The Senior Coach will be backed by a team of coaches, medical, strength & conditioning and psychology professionals, as well as a supportive committee.
• Commitment to championing a ‘one club’ culture and ensuring all players and staff feel supported, safe, and respected.
• Work with the Head of Coaching and Club President to establish a QAFLW coaching team.
• Develop and implement a training program that focuses on player development and team growth.
• Develop, communicate, and implement a clear game plan that aligns to the playing list.
• Coordinate the club’s annual pre-season camp.
• Attend preseason and in-season training sessions every Tuesday and Thursday night and at other times as required.
• Attend all senior and reserve grade games.
• Contribute to the scheduling, planning and delivery of all sessions in collaboration with assistant coaches and other key staff.
• Develop individual growth and development plans for all players on the senior list and provide regular feedback on progress.
• Manage the QAFLW weekly team review and selection process.
• Use league provided vision to assist both the players and team in ongoing growth and development.
• Communicate to all players and team staff in a timely, planned, professional and effective manner.
• Provide regular and transparent feedback to players and staff.
• Attend club meetings and events as and when requested.
• Ensure the training environment and equipment is safe for all players and staff.
• Lead player Recruitment & Retention in collaboration with the club’s nominated representative/s.
• In conjunction with the Head of Coaching & Club President, proactively address any issues or concerns that may arise from time to time.
• Committed to creating a program that focus on growth and development for both players and coaches.
• Relevant coaching experience in Australian Rules Football with the demonstrated ability to develop and implement a skill development program.
• Minimum Level 1 coaching accreditation, ideally level 2 or above.
• Club first approach, with demonstrated knowledge of the application of contemporary coaching techniques and practices.
• Proven tactical knowledge to lead the coaching staff on game day to make decisions that positively impact player and team performance.
• Experience with working with female athletes of various abilities and experience.
• Demonstrated high-level communication skills with the ability to educate and lead others.
• Current working with children card or exemption card.
• Competency or ability to learn the use of analysis software.
• AFL coaching accreditation or ability to attain.
• Working with Children accreditation.
• Drivers Licence.
• An appropriate level of remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to apply
• For a confidential discussion, please call Sam Haddad on 0407 126 335.
Applications close on October 31, 2024. Please send applications to Sam Haddad at email@example.com.