As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believes that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone! We are also very proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women, click here to view our benefits.
We are also committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Women and Girls Community Football Lead – Queensland deliver Queensland’s strategic actions and initiatives that work towards achieving the AFL’s vision of equal opportunity for women to play, coach, umpire, officiate, administer, and govern the game of Australian Football in the community.
This is a 3-year maximum term role. This role will be based in AFLQ Yeronga office (or appropriate AFLQ office location).
The AFL’s priority is the health and safety of all our team members. Our established COVID-19 Vaccination Policy details the requirement for the successful applicant of this position to supply evidence of second dose vaccination.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Driving and monitoring Queensland’s delivery of the AFL Women and Girls Game Development Action Plan.
- Supporting the growth of women and girls playing, coaching, umpiring, and leading our game and improving their experience
- Working closely with the State Manager – Community Football & State Manager – Participation & Programs to deliver outcomes for women and girls in the following focus areas: Driving 5 – 9 year old participation, building community football capacity, supporting the national rollout of a new Player Development framework that supports the needs of women and girls, and expanding leadership pathways and develop opportunities for women and girls
- Working closely with the National Women and Girls Community Football Manager to ensure state outcomes align to priority areas of work based on the Women’s Football Vision
- Supporting the delivery of state/ territory specific initiatives required by the business
- Contribute to key projects related to the Women and Girls Game Development Action Plan
- Support and contribute to the success of the broader Game Development team
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
Experience working across complex and high-profile stakeholders
Experience in developing and implementing strategy
Understanding of community football/participation programs or similar in another sport
Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation skills
Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work effectively unsupervised
Knowledge or experience in Coaching or Umpiring.
Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life, with hybrid office/ home arrangements
My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centred around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Applications Close: 31 July 2022