Wilston Grange Women’s AFL Program is seeking expressions of interest from prospective Assistant Coaches for the 2023 QAFLW season. Our women’s program is setting the foundations for future success, with the club’s vision is to again play finals football and win another premiership, most recently in 2018.
Working with our QAFLW Head Coach, you will help grow the program to create an environment which supports player development to maximise their playing potential. Our club has an established set of club values that drive decision making and our ideal candidate/s will have a clear understanding of their own personal standards, and the way that their beliefs align with those of the club.
Our coaches will assist with player retention and recruitment; skill acquisition and development; selection of teams; game reviews; and playing strategy. Assistant Coaches will be responsible for a line group (i.e. defenders, midfielders or forwards) and will be contribution to developing a part of gameplay relating to their line group (i.e. defence, stoppages or scoring).
Applicants will be assessed on the following attributes:
• Demonstrated coaching experience with women’s football program.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and mentoring skills.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader of productive and cohesive teams.
• Robust knowledge of the fundamentals of Australian Rules football
• Ability breakdown and articulate fundamentals and game plan to all level of player experience
• Technology savvy with demonstrated experience with reviewing and analysing game footage for a group, individual, and opposition
• High level of team, time and organisational management.
• Current AFL Coaching Accreditation (or ability to obtain)
• Current Blue Card (or ability to obtain)
QAFLW Senior Women – Assistant/Line Coaches.
QAFLW Reserves Women – Coach and Assistant/Line Coaches
Please email applications to Emily Maxwell, Director of Football QAFLW, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 16 September, 2022 or call 0402 281 167
Interviews for coaching positions will be held during the week commencing 26 September 2022.