The AFL congratulates field umpires Chris Donlon, Andrew Stephens and Eleni Glouftsis on their respective milestones during Round 21 of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.
- Chris Donlon will officiate in his 350th AFL game in the Round 21 Melbourne vs. Adelaide Crows match at the MCG on Sunday, August 15. The 2011 AFL Grand Final umpire made his AFL umpiring debut in Round 4, 2005 and has officiated 349 matches so far, including 15 finals.
- Andrew Stephens will officiate in his 150th AFL game in the Round 21 GWS GIANTS vs. Richmond match at Marvel Stadium on Friday, August 13. After growing up in Queensland, Stephens made his AFL umpiring debut in Round 5, 2014 and has officiated 149 matches so far, including three finals. Stephens is also a three-time NEAFL Grand Final umpire.
- Eleni Glouftsis will officiate in her 50th AFL game in the Round 21 Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood match at The Gabba on Saturday, August 14. The South Australian became the first woman to umpire AFL when she made her debut in Round 9, 2017 and has officiated 49 matches so far.
AFL Head of Umpiring Dan Richardson congratulated the trio on their milestones.
“Chris, Andrew and Eleni are highly respected members of the AFL Umpiring team and on behalf of the AFL, I would like to congratulate each of them and wish them all the best ahead of their milestone matches this weekend,” Mr Richardson said.
“To see Chris reach 350 games is a testament to his professionalism and dedication to the game over the past 16 years and we applaud him on achieving such a significant milestone.
“Andrew started umpiring as a junior in Brisbane and officiated in three NEAFL Grand Finals before his AFL debut. To reach 150 games is a reflection of his hard work and resilience.
“Eleni reaches her 50th game, a tremendous effort and achievement after becoming the first woman to be an AFL field umpire. A role model to many, Eleni’s commitment and perseverance at the elite level is to be commended.”
- Debut: Round 4, 2005: Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions
- Games: 349
- Finals: 15
- AFL Grand Final: 2011
- VFL Grand Final: 2004
- Commenced umpiring with: South Metro Junior Football League, VAFA
- Debut: Round 5, 2014: Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond
- Games: 149
- Finals: 3
- 3 x NEAFL Grand Finals: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Commenced umpiring with: AFL Brisbane Juniors
- Debut: Round 9, 2017: Essendon vs. West Coast Eagles
- Games: 49
- 2 x SANFL Reserves Grand Final: 2013, 2014
- SA Young Australian of the Year: 2019
- Australia Day Honours: 2021 Order of Australia Medal (OAM)
- Commenced umpiring with: North Eastern Metro Junior Football Association