Nominations close July 31 for the 2017 the AFL Queensland Volunteer and Coach Awards.
Volunteers and coaches are the lifeblood of Australian football. Without them, we simply would not have a game.
They work for the love of the football, not pay checks or praise. Be it mentoring and encouraging our juniors, turning the snags on the match day BBQ or tending the club books.
The AFL Queensland Volunteer and Coach Awards provide our Queensland football community with the opportunity to recognise outstanding contributions to the game by nominating the people who work tirelessly to bring our sport to life.
A State Volunteer of the Year will be chosen from the nominations. He or she will receive a grand final package for two that includes air fares, accommodation and grand final tickets. They will also attend a grand final function and take part in the official AFL Grand Final Parade.
Applications close July 31 and anyone can nominate.
The 2017 categories are:
1) Volunteer of the Year – for outstanding contributions in 2017
- Club Volunteer of the Year (timekeepers, team managers, canteen coordinators etc.)
- Club Administrator of the Year (Club presidents, secretaries, committee members etc.)
- League Administrator of the Year (League Administrator, volunteer, league committee etc.)
2) Coach of the Year – for outstanding contributions in 2017
- Junior Coach of the Year (U6 – U11)
- Youth Coach of the Year (U12 – U16)
- Female Coach of the Year (coach is female, coaching either male or female football)
- Senior Coach of the Year (U18 and Senior football)
- Senior Talent coach of the Year (NEAFL, QAFL and senior representative football)
- Assistant Talent coach of the Year (NEAFL, QAFL, senior or youth talent / representative football)
- Youth Talent coach of the Year (U14 and U16 regional squad)
- Female Talent coach of the Year (women’s and youth girls’ talent / representative Football)
3) Longstanding Services to the Game
Recognising outstanding contributions over many years of involvement
CLICK HERE to nominate