AFL Queensland has recently appointed nine new club co-ordinators via the Queensland Government’s Jobs Plan initiative to help run the game at community level
Friday, 22 July 2011
AFL Queensland has recently appointed nine new club co-ordinators via the Queensland Government’s Jobs Plan initiative to help run the game at community level .
According to Richie Lyons, AFLQ Community Development Manager, each will be responsible for a cluster of five-seven community clubs.
Their role revolves around governance, sponsorship, grant funding and participation, Lyons said, and have been implemented with funding of $650,000.
The club co-ordinators, with their regions, are:-
• Chris Hunt – Sunshine Coast South – Well known through AFL Circles on the Sunshine Coast. Great experience with Sport 7 rec and BCC.
• Stacey French – Sunshine Coast Central – Comes with a journalism degree and has had experience in public relations with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles.
• Paul Menti – Sunshine Coast North – 2010 Auskick Co-Ordinator of the Year, he is a business owner passionate about the game.
• Chris Davis – Toowoomba – Has relocated from South Australia, having just completed a sports management degree.
• Karla Drakos – Brisbane West – A former competitions manager with Queensland Netball.
• Daryl Griffiths – Mackay – Long-time volunteer who has a great knowledge of the local football landscape.
• Dean Vigus – Gold Coast North – moved up from Victoria after being operations manager at a basketball centre in Ballarat.
• Michelle Carroll – Gold Coast South – Was administration officer at the AFL Gold Coast office before changing roles.
• Jenna Vandyk – Brisbane North – previously worked in the health industry and was a member of the AFLQ Sunfire Team.
Lyons advises that there are another two roles available in the Brisbane region.
For more information please go to:-