Gladstone Suns Australian Football Club invites applications for the Senior Coaching Position for the 2023
One year ago, the Suns drew a line in the sand and began a determined journey to achieve long and sustained success at both the junior and senior levels. In just one year, the club’s efforts have taken the senior side from last year’s wooden spooners – to defeating every team (bar one) in the H&A season, playing finals, and narrowly missing a Prelim berth.
The next step in this rebuild is finding a perfect fit Senior Coach that, with support from an experienced Football Department and determined Executive Committee, will bring a fresh, energetic and positive attitude, recruit, maintain and train a well prepared quality senior playing squad and formulate a game day strategy that can deliver our club teams a level of success that our supporters, sponsors and the Gladstone community will be proud of.
Applicants for the Senior Coach role will need to demonstrate the ability to understand, embrace, and develop the culture of an amateur football club as well as the following:
● Minimum of L1 AFL Coaching Accreditation with commitment to continuing to L2 Accreditation.
● Demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership and people management skills.
● Demonstrate appropriate coaching experience including the implementation of a successful game
plan and results.
● Previous success in a high performance environment including developing and maintaining a values
● Knowledge of the modern AFL game and how this best adapts to amateur levels.
● Willingness to develop all senior & junior players, while shaping a strong coaching group.
● Proven ability to work effectively as part of a hard-working and dedicated team.
● Align with Gladstone Suns vision and core values.
Playing or non-playing appointments will be considered. Male and Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
A very competitive remuneration package will be offered together with relocation assistance and through our professional network will help seek appropriate permanent work arrangements.
About the area:
- The City of Gladstone is located approximately 580kms north of Brisbane just off the Bruce Highway.
- Gladstone is a coastal city with the twin-towns of Boyne Island Tannum Sands 20km away, and hosting approximately 55K population.
- The Gladstone is well located as a starting platform for access to the Barrier Reef. https://youtu.be/gF115mtQ2h4
Please provide a cover letter & coaching resume outlining your experience to Alan Watkin by 15 October 2022. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Application Closing Date: 15 October 2022
Contact Name: Alan Watkin
Contact Phone: 0429873491
Contact Email: email@example.com