Let’s Keep Footy Safe!
With the easing of restrictions in Greater Brisbane, the region is now back in line with the rest of Queensland. The Queensland Government has provided the following information regarding restrictions specific to the sport, recreation and fitness industries.
Compliance with an Industry COVID Safe Plan continues to play a vital role in our return to play:
• The total number of people to attend the activity, training and/or competition at indoor venues is to be based on occupant density of one person per two square metres regardless of facility size.
• For outdoor venues, physical distancing off the field of play is required.
• Physical contact permitted on the field of play only.
• At all other times, participants, coaches, officials, trainers and spectators are to observe physical distancing requirements.
• Keep following the mandatory record keeping requirements for tracking and tracing purposes.
When running a COVID Safe Event:
• Indoor events: 500 people permitted at indoor events with a COVID Safe Event Checklist
• Indoor events can allow up to 100% of seated capacity when patrons are in ticketed, allocated seating.
• Outdoor events: 1500 people permitted at outdoor events with a COVID Safe Event Checklist
• Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan
Open air stadiums can have 100% seated capacity (operating under COVID Safe Plan) with all patrons encouraged to wear masks on entry and exit.
While face masks are no longer mandatory, you are encouraged to:
• carry a mask with you at all times when you leave home
• wear a mask when travelling on public transport, in a taxi or ride share or in shopping centres
• wear a mask in any indoor and outdoor space when physical distancing is not possible
Details are outlined on the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 website
For clubs across Queensland, the Field Sport Guidelines remain in play.
In the current environment this means clubs need to;
- maintain a statement of compliance,
- continue to check in participants for contract tracing purposes,
- supply sanitiser/maintain good hygiene practices,
- maintain social distance when not on the playing field,
- limit change room access to minimise cleaning costs.
For the latest Queensland Government COVD-19 advise around field sports, visit: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/approved-industry-covid-safe-plans/field-sports