Job Title: Assistant Coaches for QAFLW and Reserves
Reporting to: Head Coach of QAFLW and Reserves
Hours: 15 hours
Salary: Out of pocket expenses covered.
Location: Giffin Park, Coorparoo and various local travel for games
The assistant coach will be required to hold the values (Connectedness, Perseverance, Respect and
Commitment) of the Coorparoo Kings AFC where our values ignite our purpose and where people of
all backgrounds are respected and feel proud to belong. Our continual success comes from our
perseverance and a commitment to excellence in all that we do.
The Coorparoo Kings AFC is recruiting for assistant coaches for the 2023 season. Preseason
commences 1 November 2022 and we are looking for the right candidate/s to start the season off
strong. The candidate/s will be required to attend preseason sessions commencing from November.
Once in season, coaches will commit to two training nights a week and game day. At Coorparoo, we
are committed to developing our coaches and will provide professional coaching opportunities. We
apply a collaborative approach in all that we do and would expect successful applicants to actively
participate in other various activities that promote unity and a healthy organisational culture.
The Assistant Coaches will be responsible for an allocated phase of gameplay (i.e. defence, stoppages
or scoring) and a related line group (i.e. defenders, midfielders or forwards). Our coaches will
therefore assist with player skill acquisition and development; selection of teams; and implementing the game plan.
Assistant coaches will be “hands on at training” leading on drills and contributing to session plan design.
Applicants must demonstrate the following;
● Ability to promote and demonstrate the values of the Coorparoo Kings AFC.
● Aspire to develop your coaching career to more senior roles in the future.
● Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and show a shared purpose and connection
with players, other coaches and support staff.
● Ability to solve problems and remain calm in high pressure situations.
● Have developed (or willing to) technical and strategic knowledge of Australian Rules Football.
● Demonstrated ability to implement drills, drill designs and manage large groups.
● Demonstrated experience as a leader in a team environment.
● Willing to develop working knowledge in coaching tools including video analysis software.
● Current AFL accreditation.
● Current blue card (ability to obtain)
How to apply
Email an expression of interest, coaching cv (inclusive of you coaching philosophy) to email@example.com. Any questions, call Rebecca on 0411 260 336