- Various positions across South East and Far North Queensland
- Our locations – Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast / Townsville / Mackay / Rockhamption / Cairns / Darling Downs & Wide Bay
- Fast-paced environment
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
For many children, their first experience in our game is through participation in AFL Auskick, junior and school football programs. As an AFL Programs Facilitator, you play a key role in helping our development workforce grow participation through the delivery of fun and engaging Auskick, junior and schools football programs, introducing participants to the AFL. You will be trained to deliver fun experiences to diverse audiences in a safe, consistent and inclusice way.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
• Deliever AFL Auskick programs in community football clubs and schools
• Effective promotion of programs within schools, including school assemblies and clinics
• Assisting with school football competitions and programs including set up, ground marshalls and umpiring
• Ensure adequate equipment is available to conduct programs
• Provide assistance to Developments Leads and Coordinators, as required
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
• A fun and enthusiastic nature with a passion for working with children
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (particulary with primary & secondary school aged children)
• Demonstrated experience in providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to adapt to change, remain effective and calm when faced with changing tasks, responsibilities, or people
• Interest in Australian Football
Here at the AFL we have extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid Blue Card – working with children check.
• A fun, highly energetic, engaging and professional workplace
• Flexible hours
• Ability to build key contacts to assist your career
• A culture of development and learning
Applications Closing Date: Sunday 7 February 2020