We’re giving a big Country Queensland shout out to one of AFL Darling Downs most decorated footballers…Jeremy ‘Jezza’ Leahy who played his 300th game for the Goondiwindi Hawks over the weekend!
Since his debut for the Hawks in 2004, Jezza has gone onto achieve just about everything one can in DD footy and become one of the region’s top midfielders.
• 2014 & 2015 Holman Medallist (League Best and Fairest)
• 1 x AFL Darling Downs Premiership
• 1 x Ellen McConochie Medal (Grand Final BOG)
• 1 x Chris Guice Medal (Representative BOG)
• 6 x Goondiwindi Hawks Best and Fairest
• Kicking over 400 goals
• AFL Darling Downs 50 Year Team Squad Member
His milestone fixture took place in a rematch of last season’s grand final, which saw South Toowoomba prevail over the Goondiwindi Hawks. Unfortunately, it wasn’t much of a fairytale match for Leahy, sustaining a calf injury and going down to the Bombers 10.6 – 66 to 4.7 – 31.
Congratulations on an incredible milestone Jezza! And get back on the park ASAP!