The Merit Award is awarded to volunteers who have provided 10 or more years of outstanding service to community football.
AFL Queensland issues two (2) Merit Awards each year.
- Each of the two (2) AFL Queensland Merit Award Winners will received a certificate signed by AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan and have their name included on the plaque of Merit Award recipients at AFL House in Melbourne.
To be eligible for the AFL Queensland Merit Award, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- A demonstrated record of service as a volunteer for a minimum of 10 years
- Has not received a Merit Award previously
- Distinguished service in an area that has been of significant benefit to the club and/or League; and
- Demonstrated leadership and development of others within community football.