Registrations have now opened for the 2020 AFL community ambassador program!
Established in 2013, the AFL Community Ambassador program aims to engage multicultural communities through a network of dedicated volunteers, using the sport as vehicle for inclusion.
The role of an AFL Community Ambassador has grown and expanded over a journey. Through strong partnerships with the AFL and its affiliated State bodies, Ambassadors have supported initiatives that have seen our game become more welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all Australians.
Through the AFL Community Ambassador program, Ambassadors have undertaken the following roles and responsibilities:
- Promotions of Football in Multicultural Communities
- Providing Cultural education and advice
- Assisting local Community Football clubs
- Activating key Multicultural festivals and AFL match day experiences
- Involved in Coaching and Umpiring pathways
The AFL Community Ambassador program is open to anyone over the age of 18 and must have a valid Volunteer Working with Children check (or be willing to obtain one).
Each year the AFL recognises one Community Ambassador for outstanding achievements and commitment to the program. The winner of the AFL Community Ambassador of the Year award receives:
- 2x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2x return flights (except Victoria) & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat)
- in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
Registrations are now open. To register and become an AFL Community Ambassador, click here.
More information is available at community.afl.ENGLISH (002)