The Queensland Under 19 Women’s squad that will compete at the 2021 NAB National U19 Championships has been named.
The Championships starts Monday, April 12 and runs through until May 29.
AFL Talent Manager Queensland, Mark Browning, said this year’s class was extremely talented.
“This is no doubt a reflection of the strong female program that we have in place working in conjunction with the two AFL clubs, our QAFLW competition, and community clubs both junior and senior,” he said.
“We congratulate the selected players and thank all other players who participated in the Academy Series of games for their efforts. We wish them all the best for the season ahead.”
The squad will be coached by Gold Coast Suns academy female coach Sam Iles and Brisbane Lions female coach Damien Richards and supported by assistant coaches, medical and high performance staff from the two academies to provide a fantastic development experience for the selected players.
The AFL confirmed in March that championships had been moved from the Gold Coast to Melbourne due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Queensland.
While Queensland won’t travel to Melbourne to play, they’re scheduled to play games against Victoria Country and Victoria Metro in May this year.
The decision to move the 2021 NAB AFLW U19 Championships was made to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved in the Championships and the wider community remains the priority.
As part of the new model for AFL Talent Pathway Programs announced in September 2020, age groups for all AFL Talent Pathway Programs, including the NAB League Girls and Boys and the NAB AFL / AFLW National Championships, have been re-focussed from U16 and U18 Levels to U17 and U19 in 2021. All future draftees will be provided with the same level of medical, physical and off-field care and the AFL remains committed to ensuring opportunities exist in 2021 for players who have been impacted by the disruptions to the 2020 season.
The draft age remains at 18 for both AFL and AFL Women’s competitions.
QUEENSLAND UNDER 19 FEMALE SQUAD:
- Abbey Hewett 12/04/2003 Lions Wilston Grange
- Brooke Sheridan 8/09/2004 Lions Wilston Grange
- Charlotte Mullins 28/10/2004 Lions Aspley
- Lauren Middleton 26/01/2002 Lions UQ
- Macie Brown 30/03/2002 Lions Coorparoo
- Phoebe Baird 15/12/2003 Lions Aspley
- Bella Smith 5/10/2003 Lions Maroochydore
- Ella Smith 27/05/2004 Lions Aspley
- Maggie Harmer 12/04/2003 Lions Maroochydore
- Christine Okesene 3/09/2002 Lions Yeronga
- Lucia Liessi 24/06/2003 Lions Aspley
- Mikayla Pauga 10/04/2003 Lions Bond University
- Kadie Fletcher 18/08/2004 Lions Aspley
- Keyshia Matenga 7/03/2002 Suns Coolangatta
- Teagan Levi 14/08/2003 Suns Bond University
- Lilly Pearce 31/12/2002 Suns Southport
- Alana Gee 20/04/2004 Suns Mackay Saints
- Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlap 8/04/2003 Suns Coolangatta/Cairns City Lions
- Litonya Cockatoo-Motlap 8/04/2003 Suns Coolangatta/Cairns City Lions
- Giselle Davies 17/03/2003 Suns Southport/Bond University
- Imogen Evans 5/02/2004 Suns Coolangatta
- Casey Wynne 8/06/2003 Suns Coolangatta
- Faith Alchin 11/04/2003 Suns Coolangatta
- Lily Tarlinton 22/01/2002 Suns Bond University
- Fleur Davies 6/05/2004 Suns Southport
- Kalista-Jayne Shiner 7/06/2003 Suns Coorparoo
- Sally Evans 5/11/2003 Suns Coolangatta
- Jasmyn Davidson 29/10/2002 Suns Bond University
- Sophie Ure 11/12/2002 Suns Coolangatta/BITS
Details for Tuesday, 4th May trial match against Coorparoo QAFLW team.
Queensland U19 v Coorparoo
Game start: 6.30 pm
Live stream starts: 5.40 pm
Live stream link: https://youtu.be/F7YM3AK5DeI