REGIONAL UMPIRING MANAGER – TOWNSVILLE
About the Position
The Regional Umpiring Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the coaching and coordination of umpires for the AFL Townsville competitions.
The focus of the Regional Umpiring Manager is to ensure the quality of umpiring is enhanced by accreditation, coaching and appropriate support to umpires.
The position will be paid an honorarium.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide direction and leadership to the AFL Townsville competitions
- Appoint Field, Boundary and Goal umpires to AFL Townsville Pre-Season, Home and Awayand Finals series matches.
- Assist in the development and management of the recruitment and retention of umpires
- Develop an appropriate coaching plan for the AFL Townsville umpires
- Attend matches each weekend to observe umpires
- Review performances after observing matches and provide written feedback to umpires
- Conduct training as required
- Manager and facilitate Level 1 and Level 2 Umpire Accreditations
- Coordinate the Umpire Mentor (Green shirt) program with first year junior umpires
- Promote and encourage pathway from juniors to seniors
- Liaise with AFL Townsville clubs regarding umpiring performances , law interpretations andnewly introduced laws
- Participate in the AFL Umpire Coaching Professional Development Program
- Attend AFL Queensland events as required
- Attend AFL Townsville Board meetings as required
- Ensure umpires are prepared for tribunals as required
- Assist and give direction to the AFL Townsville Board with regards to updating By Laws andlocal law interpretations
AFL Townsville Board
Other Key Relationships
- AFL Townsville Umpires Association
- AFL Townsville Football Operations Manager
- AFL Townsville Clubs and Coaches
- AFL Queensland Community Umpiring Development Officer
- AFLQ Regional ManagerAFL Townsville
Townsville Stadium, Sporting Drive, CONDON QLD 4815
All correspondence: PO Box 634, THURINGOWA CENTRAL QLD 4817 ABN 38 936 611 280
REGIONAL UMPIRING MANAGER Position Description
The successful candidate is expected to provide a Weekly Schedule. This schedule would include all training and game day activities undertaken and commentary regarding any issues that the AFL Townsville Board should be aware of regarding the conduct of the affiliated clubs. The schedule is to be provided to the Football Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
PO Box 634
Thuringowa Central. Qld 4817
Applications close Wednesday 24th January 2018.
Women’s Strength & Conditioning Coach, Line Coaches & Team Managers – Yeronga South Brisbane Football Club (Yeronga Devils AFC)
The Yeronga Devils AFC are seeking applications for the positions of Strength and Conditioning Coach and Line Coaches ahead of the 2018 QWAFL season, and Team Managers ahead of the 2018 QWFA Division 1 season.
The Yeronga South Brisbane Football Club has a rich history spanning over 100 years. In line with our tradition of strong leadership and culture we are currently seeking applications to fill the roles of line coaches with suitably experienced people who will add insight and experience to our coaching team and help maintain our standing as one of the leaders in women’s football in Queensland.
The successful coaching applicants will be tasked with the development of the senior playing group in the QWAFL competition. The club has an exciting future with our Women’s program hailed as one of the best in Queensland and we are looking to improve on this further.
To be successful in the coaching roles you must:
- Having as a minimum, AFL Level 2 Coaching accreditation (or currently undergoing assessment) will help but not necessary as we are looking for the best coaches
- Be able to demonstrate experience working within a recognised talent pathway (preferably AFL)
- Demonstrate strong Communication and Leadership skills in order to help build a winning culture amongst players, staff and board members
- Demonstrate ability to engage positively with our stakeholders, such as; men’s teams, members, sponsors and the media
- Ability to develop a pathway for our club to grow on the field and drive standards that the players will follow.
- Strength & Conditioning coaches would preferably be an Accredited Exercise Physiologist or Exercise Scientist.
It is preferable that applicants have extensive experience in AFL in any state and demonstrate an ability to drive a strategic plan to ensure our great club continues to be a powerhouse in women’s football in Queensland.
How to apply
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the requirements of the role as outlined above to:
All applications will be notified of their submission and we will look to commence the process as soon as possible.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26th January
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Football Operations Assistant
- Full-Time Contract (Season 2018 – Jan to Nov)
- Some out of hours’ work may be required
- Remuneration: $ 20.00 to $ 30.00 per hour commensurate with experience
Due to the continual growth of our football club, the Aspley Australian Football and Sporting Club Ltd is seeking Expressions of Interest for a Football Operations Assistance to join our football department in a full time contracted capacity for Season 2018.
The Football Operations Assistant reports directly to the Director of Junior and Senior Football as the Board’s representative for Football and relating to all matters specifically pertaining to the football program under their control and in conjunction with the Football Operations Manager and Junior Development Officer.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Blue Card (working with children)
- Driver Licence
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Comprehensive Computer Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervise
Preferred experience but not essential:
- Have a background in football club administration
- Held a position within a football structure at club level
- Understand the structure of football development / pathways within the region
If you are interested in this job, email your resume to email@example.com for further information
Palm Beach Currumbin lions is an extremely successful football club competing in the QAFL competition. Season 2017 was an outstanding year for the club with both the colts and reserves playing in the preliminary final and the senior team winning the premiership. With a host of young and talented players developing the club is positioned very well for the future.
The 2018 season will commence on April 21st. The competition will consist of 9 teams competing across 18 rounds with each team playing 16 games. The pre season competition will precede this beginning on the 24th of March. Training during the regular season will be Tuesday and Thursday nights.
An exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the clubs journey is a position that we are pleased to announce. We are currently taking expressions of interest for the following positions:
- Reserves (head coach)
- Reserves (assistant coach)
Roles for the position/s include:
- Conducting training sessions in liaison with the senior coach
- Aligning with the clubs development focus and providing the pathway to senior football and beyond
- Ability to work with all stakeholders including Administration, volunteers, medical staff and AFLQ staff
- Positive mindset and strong relationships with the playing group
- Willing to provide feedback to players to fast track their development
Applicants should be level 1 AFL accredited or currently undertaking the level 2 course. Expressions of interests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Surfers Paradise Football Club is a highly respected and prestigious community football club on the Gold Coast, playing in the Queensland Australian Football League (QAFL) since 2014, providing access to the great game of AFL football to people of all ages.
We are currently looking for experienced senior football coaches for the 2018 season, as we look to continue on the development of our fine young group of players. Applicants must have the required Level 1 Senior Coaching accreditation for the following positions:
- Senior Women Assistant Coaches
- Under 18 (Colts) Head Coach
- Under 18 (Colts) Assistant Coaches
Ideally, applicants would display the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cooperatively work with the senior coaching department
- Display strong interpersonal communication skills with players
- Align with Surfers Paradise Football Club’s mission statement, vision and club values
- Enthusiasm to develop young players
As well as this, we are always on the lookout for volunteers who are passionate about AFL football, and love being in a family friendly environment. There is no such thing in community football as too many volunteers, so there will no doubt be a position available to you, and we will do everything we can to suit your wants and needs at the football club!
If you are interested in joining the Surfers Paradise Football Club, please email our Operations Manager at email@example.com. All applicants will remain anonymous throughout the process.”
Northern Beaches Suns AFC
Townsville, North Queensland
Coaches needed for 2018 season
NB Suns AFC are seeking expressions of interest for all coaching positions, excluding A-Grade. If you are considering being a Coach or Assistant Coach please email your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org – visit www.northernbeachessuns.com.au to find out more about the club, or visit our Facebook page @nbsunsafl
Applicants will need to have (or the ability to obtain) a current Blue Card. AFL Coaching Accreditation is not essential but preferred – the club can support you in obtaining accreditation.
You must possess the following to be considered:-
- A passion to develop the ability of players in your care;
- A positive role model for your players and peers;
- Abide by the Codes of Conduct outlined by AFLQ, AFLT and the club;
- Exceptional communication and time-management skills;
- The ability to promote, recruit and market your team;
- Support club events such as sign-on days and fundraisers.
Northern Beaches Suns AFC – a family-friendly club!!
MT Gravatt AFC
Affiliated to the Queensland Women’s Football Association
Division 2 (AFL Queensland)
Mt Gravatt AFC are calling for expressions of interest for the following
positions for season 2018 effective immediately
- Senior Women’s Head Coach
- Under 17 Youth Girls Head Coach
Applicant need to hold a minimum current Level 1 Senior Coach accreditation or in a position to obtain accreditation or update before April 30, 2018.
The successful applicant should have a good understanding of implementing a game plan, teaching the basic fundamentals of the game, have a desire to develop young players , good communication skills and fit into the coaching philosophy of the Mt Gravatt Football Club
For further details contact
Contact Kate Guy, Female Football Director @ Mt Gravatt AFC M 0413545011 email@example.com
The Pine Rivers Swans Australian Rules Football Club is seeking applications for coaching and management roles for our Women’s Team in 2018, competing in Queensland’s QWFA Div 2.
With 40 years’ of history on the North Side of Brisbane in Junior and Senior men’s football, Pine Rivers AFC has established a fantastic women’s program over the past two seasons in the QWFA competition.
We invite expressions of interest for coaching positions (Playing or Non-Playing) and match day management roles for the 2018 season.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
Excellent communication skills.
Teach and develop players at all levels of ability.
Must have strong leadership skills.
Coaching or playing experience a must.
Ability to recruit new players to the club.
Must be willing to work with other coaches, members of the committee, volunteers and members of the club.
To embrace as well as continue to develop and grow a good team and club culture.
All applications and expressions of interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries to Senior Women’s Coach: Dylan Barker 0423 883 676