This week our AFL Queensland Community Month activities focus on celebrating Coach Appreciation Week. We have a number of activities planned to highlight the contribution of local community club coaches across our state.
As a club you can get involved in Coach Appreciation Week with the following activities;
- Coaching Appreciation Poster: Create a Coaching Appreciation poster to recognise the contribution of your club coaches. Once, printed place in a high traffic area at your clubhouse (for example, next to the canteen) or on your social media channels. Templates can be provided by AFL Queensland Competition & Club Development Managers.
- Local Recognition: Take a look at the AFL Queensland Facebook page for daily recognition of local coaches, even the Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns are getting involved!
- Game Day Activities: Some ideas on how to recognise your coaches’ contribution on game day;
* Line up all players on the ground directly before the coin toss and shake hands with the coaches of both teams before the start of the game. TIP- Do this in a visible location so that your members can see the act. Take pictures & videos and upload to your club social media pages. Tag and mention your coach in your posts using #ThanksCoachAFLQ
* At the conclusion of your game have your coach enter the middle of the huddle and sing the team song loud and proud, regardless of the result! This is a great way to show your coach how much their involvement means to you. Again, take plenty of pictures & videos and upload to your club social media pages. Tag and mention your coach in your posts using #ThanksCoachAFLQ
Your local Competition & Club Development Manager can assist with any questions on getting involved in Coach Appreciation Week, feel free to reach out with any questions.