The Sherwood Football Club are seeking a QAFL Reserves Coach to progress the club in season
The incoming Reserves coach will inherit an enviable playing list comprised of emerging talent
produced largely through the club junior pathway, complimented by a host of impressive senior
footballers with tenure at AFL, NEAFL, Metro & Country leagues.
– Highly trusted and collaborative in your approach, you are capable of leveraging your
impressive technical knowledge and first-class soft skills to empower and foster high
standards and enjoyment across the QAFL football programme.
– You will play a key role in driving an inclusive club culture where respect, accountability and enjoyment for the game is not compromised.
– You will bring a proven record of forging and maintaining strong relationships with a multitude
of stakeholders in the football community.
– You will enjoy being in the trenches with the players
who are highly motivated to develop their football to the next level and work collaboratively
with the Senior Coach to achieve successful outcomes.
– An emphasis on fostering positive working relationships with youth pathways will be required
including; fostering whole of club integration between junior and senior players as well as
consistent two-way feedback and clear communication when players transition between the
Seniors, Colts and Reserves teams.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF
– Coach the QAFL Reserves Football Team (Matchday, 2 x training sessions, pre-season and
– Support a learning environment that develops the player’s technical skills, physical
attributes and overall football knowledge.
– Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders of different backgrounds
– Capability to nurture an inclusive club culture
– Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
– Minimum of Level I or II coaching accreditation or working towards
– Demonstrated leadership acumen
– Demonstrated ability to identify and support progression of youth talent
– Work with the support team that includes the Club Welfare Manager to ensure players
welfare is a priority. This includes promoting a balanced approach to the players’ lifestyles
and includes the building of player’s self-esteem and confidence
– Previous successful coaching experience
– Demonstrated knowledge of talent development programs
– Capacity to attract and retain quality support staff and players
APPLY NOW – APPLICATION CLOSE 10/11/2019
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact; Andrew Thomson
(President), 0403 066 382 OR Mitchell Merritt (Club Director), 0427 715 619. To apply please submit your football CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a Valid
Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.