AFL Queensland are seeking a Head Coach to lead the QAFL representative team for a match against the Adelaide Football League on Saturday, June 8th at Aspley. Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with AFL Queensland personnel to finalise all support staff roles, including Assistant Coaches.
- Attend Managers and Coaches meetings as required.
- Regular contact with QAFL senior coaches and other representative coaches.
- Develop the initial training squad in consultation with selectors.
- Invite selected players to be involved in the program.
- Attend QAFL matches as part of the selection process and review other games on video.
- Approve timeline for the program and a roster to cover all matches.
- Regular post-match discussion with coaches, football managers, and players.
- Regular contact with key players.
- Regular contact with QAFL team medical (especially physio) staff in the final three weeks leading into the game.
We seek a self- motivated individual with:
- Proven communication and relationship skills
- Recent coaching experience at a senior club.
- A minimum level two coaching accreditation.
- A solid understating of the QAFL competition and its players
- A passion for Queensland Football
To Apply: Submit a brief application (no more than 1 page) via email to the State Coaching & Education Manager, Jack Barry at Jack.Barry@afl.com.au by: 9.00am, Monday 11th March. Note – This role is a voluntary role.