The Front and Square Club Education program is a high quality service available to all clubs. The AFL has highly trained presenters available to come out to your club to present to the players, coaches and volunteers about creating a strong club culture.
AFL is passionate about education as it allows clubs to set the highset standards within the community.
- Attracting and retaining players that love playing for the club
- Recruiting volunteer that enjoy their role and want to make a positive difference
- To show your sponsors that this is the club of choice to represent their brand to the highest degree
- Demonstrating to the community that this is a great club to bring family and friends on match day.
Sessions are interactive, engaging and will occur at clubs every year. Modified between senior and youth clubs.
- Changing the language within our clubs – that clubs are inclusive of everyone from every background and culture.
- 45% of Australian’s will experience a mental illness. Of a senior list of 60, that’s 27 players that can be harmed unless we have a quality club culture.
- By changing our language we can improve the lives of everyone in our club and best support the community.
ASADA – Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Providing guidance on what players can and cannot take in relation to WADA/ASADA guidelines.
- This is not just an issue for elite sport. A player from any level of football can be sanctioned, even if they didn’t know they were doing anything wrong.
- If this occurs, the damage to the players career and the clubs reputation in the community will be significant. Ignorance is no excuse.
Getting it Right on Social Media
- The average person has 400 friends on social media and within minutes, thousands of people can see what you are putting out there.
- Are you representing yourself, the club, club sponsors and the AFL in a positive way, or are you having a damaging effect?
- There is no place for violence, on or off the field.
- Being leaders in the community by looking after ourselves and those closest in our life.
- The little known harmful dangers of illicit drugs.
- The importance of respectful relationships.