The Gold Coast Football Club aims to build a reputation as the most exciting football club in Australia. Strong
values and driving a culture of success both on and off the field is central to achieving this goal. The Gold Coast
SUNS AFLW program is looking to fill Assistant Coaching roles. The successful candidates will be responsible for
assisting in providing elite physical preparation for the athletes involved in the AFLW program.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Senior Coach and successfully managing their designated
area of on-field responsibility. The position is expected to coordinate their designated area, developing strategies
and coaching/directing players. The role is actively involved in selection, daily preparation and match-day duties,
and works as part of the Coaching Team to develop team culture.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for:
• Assist with the planning of training sessions and, under the direction of the Senior Coach, contribute to
team meetings and presentations to the playing group.
• Develop an extensive scoreboard for key performance indicators in the area of on-field responsibility;
provide players and coaching staff with weekly updates regarding performance in this area.
• Develop effective strategies and tactics in relation to player positioning in the designated on-field area,
ensuring there are strategies to cater for a variety of situations and opponents.
• Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring to players that encourages a co-operative team
environment, supports club values and promotes a positive culture.
• Participate as a member of the Coaching Team to develop plans and strategies that further the
development of the team.
• Ensure that player performance is monitored, and reviews are carried out weekly; ensure appraisals are
conducted fairly and accompanied by recommendations for development and training requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in a similar role working in a high-pressure elite or local sporting environment (desired)
• An understanding of the AFL/AFLW player rules and regulations
• Level 2 coaching qualification
• A strong personal brand, including ability to display integrity and a commitment to professionalism and
• A commitment to learning & development – and a willingness to assist build a continuous improvement
• Ability to display a high level of discretion, judgement & personal commitment
• Flexibility and responsive to change in direction and priorities, as required
• Presentation skills, including the ability to represent GCFC to key stakeholders
• Leadership, motivation and team management skills
• Superior football knowledge and understanding
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to both provide and receive feedback
• Level 3 coaching qualification (desirable)
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, please send a detailed cover letter addressing the criteria
for the role and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position closes 5pm on Wednesday 3rd April.