AFL QUEENSLAND SPORTS TURF UNIT
AFL Queensland’s Sports Turf Unit has been keeping playing fields across South East Queensland competition ready for more than a decade.
With experience across the sporting sector including AFL, golf, football and lawn bowls, STU provides leading edge high-quality technical expertise to clubs, local government authorities and sporting organisations for projects including:
- New oval construction;
- Turf selection, installation and management;
- Irrigation services;
- Drainage installation;
- Oval remediation;
- Water harvesting; and
- Goal post installation.
Successful projects include:
- Brighton Homes Arena Oval at Springfield
- Re-establishing Leyshon Park, Yeronga following the 2011 Brisbane floods;
- Major remediation projects delivered at Aspley Hornet’s, Coorparoo, Mt Gravatt, Sherwood, Wilston Grange and Bond University;
- Ongoing management of grounds for NEAFL and QAFL clubs including the Southport Sharks; and
- Servicing a range of other sports facilities across SEQ.
If your club is seeking advice in relation to turf management practices or would like further information on our services, please contact our Sports Turf Manager, Chris Dalton on 0438 374 996 or email email@example.com