The Bond University Bull Sharks AFL Club is seeking expressions of interest from prospective Assistant Coaches for the 2022 QAFLW season. Our women’s program has had great recent success, with the last three seasons producing: two Senior Grand Final appearances, two Reserve Grade premierships, and fourteen players promoted to AFLW lists (more than any other State League club in Australia).
Working with our QAFLW Senior Coach, you will help to create an environment which supports development. We have an established set of club values that drive our decision making and our ideal candidate/s will have a clear understanding of their own personal standards, the way that their beliefs align with those of the club, and how they will model the behaviours that they want to see from their players.
Assistant Coaches will be responsible for an allocated phase of gameplay (i.e. defence, stoppages or scoring) and a related line group (i.e. defenders, midfielders or forwards). Our coaches will therefore assist with player retention and recruitment; skill acquisition and development; selection of teams; and playing strategy. A modest honorarium payment is available to contractors as cover for out of pocket expenses.
Applicants will be assessed on the following attributes:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience as a leader of productive and cohesive teams
• Robust technical and strategic knowledge of Australian Rules football
• Ability to think clearly and solve problems in fast-paced environments
• Current AFL Coaching Accreditation (or ability to obtain)
• Current Blue Card (or ability to obtain)
Applications from any gender and/or cultural background are encouraged.
General Manager – AFL
Bond University Sport
(07) 5595 5841 or