Event information for the JLT Community Series match between Gold Coast SUNS and Brisbane Lions this Sunday February 19 at Broadbeach Cats AFC
Gold Coast SUNS vs Brisbane Lions
Match Time: 3.40 pm Sunday February 19.
Venue: Broadbeach Cats, Kombumerri Park, Dunlop Crt, Mermaid Waters
What you need to know:
- The match will be televised live nationally through Fox Footy.
- A large screen video scoreboard will be located on the eastern wing and will carry a live feed of the game. This feed will also be played on the monitors within the Broadbeach Cats Licensed Club.
- The match is an AFL event and, as such, all standard conditions of entry associated with an AFL Match apply. Just a few of these conditions include:
- no alcohol or glass may be brought into the venue
- the field of play is out of bounds at all times until the second siren is sounded at the conclusion of the game. No access is permitted prior to the match.
- intoxicated patrons will be refused entry or ejected from the venue
- the use of indecent or obscene language or threatening or insulting words will not be tolerated and may lead to eviction
- smoking is strictly restricted to designated areas
- taking of photographs or filming for non private purposes is prohibited
- bags to be searched on entry
- Entry to the venue is restricted to those who have purchased an event ticket, have an approved AFL Pass (including limited Club Membership tickets) or who have AFL or match day accreditation.
- As an AFL event, there is no free entry to members of Broadbeach SAFC, JAFC, Broadbeach Cats Licensed Club and Broadbeach Robina Cricket Club and/or their sponsors.
- Any patron within the venue and Licensed Club, who has not purchased, or cannot produce, an entry ticket when the Entry Gates open, will be required to leave the venue.
- Tickets sales are all General Admission only.
- There is no venue parking available to the general public. Public parking is within nearby streets. Patrons are required to follow direction from Council signs and officials and to ensure that their vehicles are not parked to block private driveways.
- A limited number of Persons With a Disability (PWD) car parks will be available at the venue. These are provided on a first come basis. A prepaid ticket /membership will be required to gain access to these car parks. There is no ability for such patrons to gain access and then purchase a ticket
- A drop off set down area will be established on Dunlop Crt directly in front of the venue.
- The Broadbeach Cats Licensed Club will be open to all patrons
- There will be 3 x additional remote beverage outlets
- It is a Liquor Licence requirement that all beverages, outside of the Licensed Club, will be served in a plastic container.
- Patrons transiting from with the Licensed Club to the open venue are required to transfer their beverage into a plastic container. Security Guards will enforce this. No glass is to be taken outside of the Licensed Club.
- A canteen will open and be managed and operated by Broadbeach Junior AFC
- There will be 3 x remote BBQ/Drink outlets around the venue
- A mobile ATM will be available at the venue, in addition to the ATM within the Licensed Club.
- In addition to the public toilets (including disabled toilet) behind the main change rooms, there are public toilet facilities at the rear of the Licensed Club and toilets within the Licensed Club. A further 10 portable toilets will be located around the ground.
- Public access to the verandah area in front of the change rooms will not be available. This area will be fenced and restricted to Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Lions and AFL Umpires. Other areas within the venue may be restricted due to broadcasting and media installations.
- The Gold Coast Suns Cheers Squad will be located behind the goals at the southern end of the ground (Merrimac State High School). The Brisbane Lions Cheer Squad will be located at the northern end of the ground.
- No alcohol is to be removed from the venue.
- All patrons are invited to attend the Broadbeach Cats Licensed Club during the event and post event. Entertainment will be provided within the Club following the match.
- Teams from Broadbeach JAFC will feature in a match at half time.
- Football Records will be sold at the venue.
- The address of the venue is: Broadbeach Sports Club, Kombumerri Park, Mermaid Waters.