Selectors have named a preliminary list of 18 players to train for the 2015 Queensland Disability Inclusion team to compete at the National Inclusion Championships in August.
Squad hopefuls had a chance to strut their stuff at selection trials at Metricon Stadium prior to the Gold Coast SUNS vs. Fremantle match, with newly appointed Queensland Disability Inclusion Ambassador Dayne Beams on hand for coaching advice and support.
The squad will have five training sessions before a final team is announced at the end of June.
The National Inclusion Carnival takes place in Melbourne from August 4 to 10.
Teams will also play at half-time of the Carlton v Collingwood match at the MCG on August 8.
Queensland Disability Inclusion Training Squad
- Shane Walker – Warwick
- Jake Bell – Gold Coast
- Graydon Poulsen – Sunshine Coast
- Tom Russo – Gold Coast
- Tim Gould – Sunshine Coast
- Reagan Taylor – Gold Coast
- Matthew Brown – Gold Coast
- Joshua Correra – Gold Coast
- Dane Palmer – Gold Coast
- John Lawrence – Beenleigh
- Bradley Lawrence – Beenleigh
- Luke O’Neill – Gold Coast
- Ben Haack – Gold Coast
- Nathan West – Brisbane West
- Zachary Kimber – Gold Coast
- Joshua McGrath – Gold Coast
- Cameron Hunter – Gold Coast
- Kieran Landells – Gold Coast
- Coach – Daniel Ramage
- Team Manager – Chris Hunt
- Program organiser – Tim Searl
- Qualification Manager – Greg Dunk
- Assistant Team Manager & athlete supervisor – Cheryl Haack