I have been injured while umpiring or at training, what do I need to do?
You must complete all the following when possible:
- Report the injury to AFLQ by downloading the Injured Umpire Report Sheet and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report to your GP (Doctor) and get a Workers’ Compensation Medical Certificate
- Provide AFLQ with a copy of your medical certificate
- Lodge your claim, including your medical certificate, with WorkCover as soon as possible.
How do I lodge my claim?
WorkCover Queensland accepts claims via the following:
- Through your treating doctor - Medical practices can lodge your claim for you by supplying your medical certificate to WorkCover directly. The practice will ask you for your consent prior to providing the certificate to WorkCover.
- By phone - You can lodge your claim over the phone by calling 1300 362 128.
- Online - Go to www.workcoverqld.com.au to lodge your claim online.
- Mail - You can also send a claim form (Downloaded from WorkCover website) together with your medical certificate to GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 4001.
- Fax - Fax claim form to 1300 651 387
What happens next?
- Your claim will be registered and given a claim number. You may receive a SMS from WorkCover with your claim number (if a mobile number is provided)
- WorkCover will then make a decision on your claim. WorkCover Queensland decide most claims within five days. WorkCover will inform you when a decision is made.
- WorkCover will also make contact with AFLQ.
- If your claim is accepted and requires payments to be made to you, WorkCover will ask you for your bank details to pay you via EFT.
- If your claim requires ongoing management or assistance with return to umpiring, it will be case managed by one of their customer service centres.
What else is involved?
- The information you provide to your doctor should be true and not misleading.
- Doctors, health authorities, allied health and rehabilitation provider, or other insurers may disclose medical information relevant to your claim to WorkCover.
- WorkCover may also be required or authorised by law to release information or documents to other parties.
- For more information call WorkCover on 1300 362 128 or visit their website at http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/.
Workcover QLD Website - www.workcoverqld.com.au
Online Claim Application - https://www.workcoverqld.com.au/eBusiness.html