AFL Queensland have developed a strategic pathway for all coaches participating across the state. The AFL Queensland coaching pathway has been divided into four areas that will allow tailored curriculum and coaches with ambition to advance throughout the Coaching Pathway.
Each section will form a pool of coaches that are to be considered for coaching positions through various programs if they meet the minimum requirements.
This will give representative teams and clubs the opportunity to identify best talent available for various roles. Courses and seminars will be specifically designed for coaches who work with grass roots, talent, development and high-performance players.
To identify with ambitious coaches seeking to further themselves through the pathway, please fill in the attached form and then forward details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0414 752 995
The coaching pathway is divided into four key areas
- High Performance
- Talent / Development
- AFL /AFLW appointed coaches (Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast SUNS)
- AFL Academy Head Coaches
- AFL Queensland High Performance Coaches
- All Level 3 Coaches
- NEAFL, QAFL, QWAFL
- AFL Academy Coaches
- AFL Level 2 Players
- State Team Coaches
- Level 2 Coaches
- Regional Representative Coaches
- QLD School Sports U12/ U15
- AFL School of Excellence Coaches
- Summer Youth Program
Minimum Coach AFL Member Level 2
- Community coaches Junior /Youth / Senior
2018 LEVEL 2 COACHING COURSE
Date: November 17 & 18
Time: 9am-5pm both days
Where: Brisbane (Venue TBA)
LEVEL 3 COACHING ACCREDITATION
While state governing bodies administer Foundation and Level 2 coaching courses, Level 3 courses are run by the national body: the AFL.
The level 3 course accreditation is for coaches involved in AFL, state leagues, regional squads or other programs in the AFL Talent Pathway.
Coaches working in or aspiring to this level may apply to be invited to a week-long, live in program.
The course covers in greater depth those areas dealt with in Level 2 as well as relevant current issues, including technology, public relations and coaches as program managers and mentors.
LEVEL 4 COACHING ACCREDITATION
The Level 4 AFL Senior Coach Program commenced in March 2015 and is designed to provide a clear pathway for the development of the AFL Senior Coach, beyond the current Level 3 Accreditation.
The program has been designed specifically to:
- Enhance the coaches knowledge, skills and experiences to best prepare them for the responsibilities of the Senior Coach
- Provide a benchmark qualification for the industry
- Provide a pool of applicants who have achieved the industry qualification
- Refine a coaching pathway for aspiring Senior Coaches
- Contribute to developing world class programs for AFL footballers in a world class performance environment.
Talent Coach Profile
The form is for ambitious coaches who are seeking to coach in the Talent / High Performance Coaching Pathway.
We request coaches fill in the linked document that will ask questions around your coaching background such as.
- Accreditation Level
- Time in your current role
- Coaching strengths
- Areas for growth (key development needs)
We also want to know about your coaching career aspirations.
- What you would like your next role to be
- Longer career asperations in 3 years’ time?
Then finally what your coaching roles have been over the last three years.
This will assist the AFL Queensland Coaching department in the following
Aligning coaches with opportunities in the Coaching Talent Pathway
- Streamlining curriculum or experiences for coaches to align with their goals.
- Identifying coaches with ambition.
This will assist clubs, talent teams, AFL Academies who are seeking coaches.
It can also open up opportunities to meet with our team to discuss career options. Click on the link.
AFL Queensland Coaching Pathway – Talent Profile
For more information contact email@example.com